ABOUT THE CLUB
This club is born with a vision to make the college campus green and Eco-friendly and educate the youth about the importance of sustainable development, outside of the campus also.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CLUB
To make the environment clean, green and pollution free.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB (DONE)
This club participated in the Green Campus Challenge of Techfest 2013, IIT Bombay which is a first of its kind initiative in India under which a lot of activities has been carried out.
- Waste audit.
- Colour coded dustbins for recyclable and non-recyclable.
- Work on renovating a unusual waste area/dump to provide value to the region.
- Recycling of waste.
- Create Blog of “Simply Green”.
- Water conservation day.
- Reduce water usage.
- Recycle waste water.
- Reduce Power Consumption.
- Cook Using Solar Cooker.
- Rain Water Harvesting.
- Tree planting.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB (PLANNED)
1. Practical solution of ozone depletion.
2. Speech by a notable speaker/local environmentalist.
3. Quiz and GD on environmental issues
4. Debate on environmental issue
5. Collaborate with municipality and organic clean day.
6. Green march/marathon.
7. Cycle rally.
8. Zero food wastage awareness drive.
9. Writing articles and publicity them in the local newspapers.
10. Establishing link with local NGO’s and works with them to save the degraded environment.
11. Zero waste campus.
TIMING OF THE CLUB
Any time round the year.
FACULTY IN CHARGE
Prof. Sangram Keshari Swain
Dept. of CSE
Pradipta Kumar Saha-4th Year-ECE
Vivek Kumar-4th Year -CSE
Siddharth Shankar Roul-3rd Year-CSE
Ashish Mohanty-4th Year-ECE
Mahaprasad Nayak-4th Year-CSE
Anup Pattanaik-4th Year-CSE