ABOUT THE CLUB:
Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth program. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management.
OBJECTIVE OF THE CLUB:
- Encourage community service through training and education
- Disseminate the seven fundamental principles of Red Cross and Red Crescent movement through activities that encourage the Red Cross ideals
- Promote international friendship with activities that cultivate a humanitarian spirit,
- Technical support in the development of youth programs, fund-raising, identification of material and human resources,
- The youth unit aims to have young people recognized by Societies leadership as equal partners who address the needs of the most vulnerable.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB (DONE):
- Blood Donation camps held on 30th March 2013.
- Blood Donation camps held on 24th Aug 2013.
- Blood Donation camps held on 25th Oct 2013.
ACTIVITIES OF THE CLUB (PLANNED):
- Blood grouping and Donation Camp 2014.
- Computer Education Camps in Under-resourced Colleges in and around CUTM.
- First aid skills training camp in and around CUTM.
- Blood Donation Camp.
- Village Adoption Program.
- Fund raising for Orphanages and Old-age
- Health Awareness camp during Spring-Spree.
- Guest lecture on Eye care and general health issues
FACULTY IN CHARGE:
Prof. R. Pradeep Kumar Patnaik
Dept. of MBA
Phone no: +919438122238