Need for A Focused and Dedicated Program:
The growing phenomenon of globalization, liberalization and privatization has been immensely influencing the Commerce Education. The Higher Education sector in India is very vast. The role of Higher Education in national development is well established. The objectives of Higher Education can be achieved only through qualitative change in the system. The output of Commerce Education should be multidimensional and with full global competitiveness. But we have to realize that the Commerce graduate have lack of practical knowledge. The practical oriented Commerce Education is a need of the age.
Commerce education is business education. Commerce education is that area of education which develops the required knowledge, skills and attitudes for the handling of Trade, Commerce and Industry. The recent commerce graduate can enhance their education and has emerged in the form of Chartered Accountant, Cost and works accountant, Company secretary and Business administrator. Commerce education is a totally different from other disciplines. Hence, it must charter new routes to service the aspirations of the nation.
To meet the growing needs of the business society, there is greater demand for sound development of commerce education. The relevance of commerce education has become more imperative, this means a marked change in the way commerce and management education is perceived in India. Through teaching, research, and service, the College of Commerce is dedicated to developing tomorrow’s leaders, managers, and professionals.
This Program is suitable for students who have just passed 10+2 and looking forward to a career in the modern business word. Syllabus has been designed to provide in-depth knowledge and skill in basics of different functional areas of commerce, so that students are equipped to build their career with a strong foundation. After successful completion, candidate may pursue higher academic courses or join an industry/business. TheProgram is of three years duration. Each year is divided into two semesters. For experiential learning, besides other activities, each year students will undertakeapplied projects. They will get an opportunity to apply the concepts learned by professionally qualified and experienced faculty. Students will be exposed tostate-of-the-art tools, techniques, facilities and industry orientation.
- To build a strong foundation of knowledge in different areas of Commerce
- To develop the skill of applying concepts and techniques used in Commerce
- To develop an attitude for working effectively and efficiently in a business environment
- To integrate knowledge, skill and attitude that will sustain an environment of learning and creativity among the students
- To expose students about entrepreneurship
- To enable a student to be capable of making decisions at personal and professional level
- Activity based teaching and learning inside and outside class room
- Vocational training in a company
- Projects & Presentation
- Case Study and problem solving
- Workshop on technology use
- Support for online certification of skill
- Active use of Library and e-resources and social media
- Additional IBPS, CPT for CA & ICWA coaching
After the completion of the B.Com course, a student can pursue a career in Banking, Insurance, Investments, Equity Research Analyst, Financial Accounting & Auditing, Auditing & Cost Accounting, Company Secretarial Practice, Foreign Trade Practice &Procedures, Financial Consultancy, etc. In addition, the student can pursue higher studies.
Eligibility for Admission:
10+2 (Senior Secondary) or its equivalent public examination conducted by any recognised Board of Education in India or abroad.