Electrical and Electronic Engineering is one of the most sought after engineering course in the country. It has immense potential and increasingly exciting future prospects. Electrical and Electronic engineering is broadly known as electrical power engineering & electronic engineering. These engineers are responsible for designing, developing, testing and supervising the production of electrical and electronic equipment and machinery. Broadcast and telecommunication systems, power generation, controls of machinery, lights and wiring in building complexes, vehicles, electric motors, radar and navigation systems, aircraft, control and transmission devices which are used by electric. They may also work in fields related to IT and IT enable services.
Department of EEE has been operating since 2007 offering UG, PG and Doctoral programmes. It offers B.Tech in EEE with right mix of Electrical and Electronics Engineering curriculum, that caters to industry requirements with a domain approached product oriented learning.
- Industrial Automation
- Design Fabrication and Repair of Distribution Transformer
- Operation and Maintenance of Transmission and Distribution System
- Embedded Systems
- Renewable Energy
The department also offers M.Tech programme in Power Systems and Control Engineering discipline. The department has excellent product focused lab where Distribution Transformer is manufactured. Students get enough hands-on practice in design, fabrication and repair maintenance of Transformer. The Industrial Automation Lab has been set up by FESTO to give ample opportunity for students to learn automation on Industrial Machines and it undertake real-time project viz; making Robot etc. The students and faculty are working on E-Vehicle designed and simulated using 3D Experience software of Dassault Systems. The Renewable Energy center is a research lab supported by Schneider to work on alternative energy production from wind and solar.
The department undertakes full-time and part-time research scholars to pursue Ph.D in the area of renewable energy, Electric Vehicle and power systems.
Program Specific Outcomes:
PSO1. Graduates can use their skills gained in the domain to work in Industrial Automation/Transformer Manufacturing/Distribution of Power/Renewable Energy.
PSO2. Demonstrate proficiency in use of software, hardware and automation in Electrical and Electronics applications.
PSO3. Graduates will able to qualify GATE and other PSU examinations.
Electrical and Electronic Engineering is one of the most sought after engineering course in the country. It has immense potential and increasingly exciting future prospects. Electrical and Electronic engineering is broadly known as electrical power engineering & electronic engineering. These engineers are responsible for designing, developing, testing and supervising the production of electrical and electronic equipment and machinery. Broadcast and telecommunication systems, power generation, controls of machinery, lights and wiring in building complexes, vehicles, electric motors, radar and navigation systems, aircraft, control and transmission devices which are used by electric. They may also work in fields which relate to computers and IT.
At Centurion University, we may choose to specialize in different areas such as communications, power generation, transmission and distribution, manufacture of electrical equipment etc or one particular specialty within these areas for e.g. industrial automation control systems, Transformer Manufacturing and design, and Operation and Maintenance of Power system. These engineers are involved in designing new products, writing requirements for their performance, as well as developing maintenance schedules and charts. Testing equipment, estimating time and cost of electrical and electronic product and machinery, solving operational problems also come under their job.
This Department strives for excellence in teaching, research and professional services to the industry so as to achieve eminence in selected niche areas of Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The Department offers four years of B.Tech course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (EEE), Electrical Engineering (EE) and also two years of M.Tech course in Power System & Control Engineering (PSC). The department has many faculty with industry experience especially in Transmission and Distribution.
Career path you can choose after the course:
- Public sector companies & enterprises: Dealing with design, manufacture and application of electronic devices & equipment, communication systems, radio & television radar & navigational aids, process control computer hardware & software etc.
- New areas include Neuro Fuzzy approaches to Engineering system applications, biomedical instrumentation, Analysis of digital systems etc.
- Embedded systems artificial intelligence wireless sensor networks has wide application in environment monitoring home automation security systems.
- VLSI design engineers: forms basic element for processors. And has huge applications in marine robotics and future UAV.
- Laser and optical electronics: Deals with lights in computer vision system, mineral identification. Design of LED lights.
- Remote sensing engineers: Mainly used in satellite GIS mapping and GPS.
- Signal processing: signals images from anything need process. it has many algorithms which can be implemented in FPGA or processor or computer.
- Power electronics: deals with electronic devices in high voltage it has numerous application in transmission and distribution systems.
- Instrumentation: deals with making on instruments. Medical instruments weapons voltmeter ammeter numerous instruments making is possible. Great field for EI students still EEE can explore with little more effort.
- Robotics and automation: Huge scope for robots in every field. Automation has huge role in manufacturing.
- Electrical Manufacturing companies: Here you will have scope for getting experience of manufacturing of various component like power transformer, Circuit Breakers, Isolators, Substation like Schneider, Alstom, ABB etc.
- Power generating and transmission companies: Well you know this like Tata, Reliance, Adani Power, Torrent Power, NTPC, NHPC, State Power generating companies.
- Product manufacturing companies: provides you experience of maintenance, operation, energy like Procter & Gamble, Glaxo Smith Cline, Unilever, ITC and many more.
- Engineering Consultancies: provides engineering design solutions to various sector viz Oil, Power, chemical, food & beverage, Consumer products. Companies like L&T, TCE, Linde, Fluor Daniel, Ch2mhill etc.
- Specifically for Electrical Engineers:
- Renewable energy: future energy depends on solar wind to maximum so these plays main role in future.
- Power plants: name itself enough. deals with coal nuclear gas etc still have scope.
- Power generation and distribution: untill smart grid develops this has numerous research scope. EB boards need this technology alot
- Locomotives and vehicles: development of electric loco diesel loco cars trucks also need motors and generators. they need to be monitored by sensors thus EEE can score better here.
- Electric machines: they have huge application in every systems so as has wide range of jobs and research
There are many options available like:
- You can opt for campus placement.
- You can go for CAT, GMAT, GRE, GATE, UPSC (civil services/IES)
- Railways, DDA, DMRC and many other are there.
- SSC-CGL, Bank PO etc.