Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering aims to produce qualified and dynamic engineers in the fast changing area of Smart Devices, Mobile emerging technologies, automation, Industrial IoT, VLSI. The Department has a sophisticated and modern laboratory equipment and software/tool (HFSS, CADENCE, MATLAB, MULTISIM, KEIL uVision, LABVIEW) for research and development work in the areas of Antenna and Microwave Engineering, Signal Processing and Communication, VLSI and Embedded System. The department of ECE undertakes real-time application projects in Smart Irrigation, Industrial IoT, and Chip Design.
The Department of ECE offers BTech in Electronics and Communication Engineering that helps students to build competency in the following domains.
- Embedded Systems and IoT
- Communication Systems
- VLSI Design and Verifications
The teaching-learning process involved project-based learning leading to a product that gives a technological solution. The department promotes various technical clubs viz; Robotics, IoT, and students are prepared for Hackathon in an identified problem area.
Department offers MTech in Embedded Systems and also takes full-time and part-time research scholars to pursue Ph.D. The Department motivates the faculty, students and research scholars to work on the project and research-oriented programs to compete in the new industrial resurgence. Summer training, industrial visit, and projects are carefully planned for the students to remain updated with the technological trend.
Scope of the MTech Programme
- M.Tech in Embedded System along with your B.Tech degree expands career prospects in the field of Embedded systems.
- Enhance the job preference where specialized with higher qualification candidates will be required in the field of Embedded System, even it enables higher positions in an organization as well as chances of getting a promotion will increase.
- Provide job opportunities for companies that recruit embedded system engineers having sound and practical knowledge about hardware design and writing firmware for different microcontrollers (AVR, ARM, and PIC).
- Create opportunities to work in the popular and advanced technology used in multiple applications such as networking equipment, digital video cameras, mobile phones, electronics appliances, aerospace applications, and telecom applications and the most important Internet of Things (IoT).
- Provide an opportunity to work on live projects based on advance microcontrollers as well as device drivers
- Enhance your research activity in the field of Embedded System which includes technical literature, prototyping ideas, and writing papers.
PSOs: Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering
PSO1. Graduates will apply their learning outcome of the programme creatively and productively in the fields Embedded Systems, VLSI and Communication Systems
PSO2. Solving real-life problems, design and develop novel products that are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable
PSO3. Add value to interdisciplinary area in providing the solution in agriculture, manufacturing and security services