Genetic Engineering and Genomics lab
The Genetic Engineering and Genomics lab was established in the year 2021. The laboratory is equipped with State-of-the-art laboratory instruments required for plant biotechnology, genetic engineering and genomics research. The following section details more on the same.
Aim of the Genetics and Genomics Lab
- To give hands-on-training to students on molecular biology, plant tissue culture and genetic engineering techniques.
- To understand the basics of genotyping and sequencing strategies and perform sequencing experiments and data analysis.
- The students will be able to understand the concept and techniques of genetic engineering and plant tissue and their application in crop plants.
- Student will be able to identify various omics approach, design and develop experiments to understand and manipulate plant function.
- Analyse information from plant genomics research and recognize its potential application in crop improvement.
- They can get job opportunities in agribusi- ness, private companies, industries, univer- sities and research laboratories.
B.Sc, Diploma, B.Tech, M.Sc. students. The lab serves as state-of-the-art facility for research scholars: PhD and Research fellows.
The students will be able to carry out experiments in the field of genetics and genomics. They will be industry ready for the industries like the seed, pharmaceutical and others.
The cardinal goal of the laboratory is to endow the students with the required skill sets pertaining to Molecular biology and Plant Biotechnology. At the outset, the students will be able to choose path of entrepreneurship, research or excel in their job profile.