Centurion University focuses on developing the high potential of the students with various kind of trainings as early as possible. The Placement Training starts from the first year till fourth year for B. Tech. and MBA by a team of Promoter/ Entrepreneur, Resource Persons, Placement Trainers and Faculty members.We ensure that our training and development programs are effective and strategically aligned.
CUTM has got an excellent training and placement cell. It organises
Life Skills Development classes
As a part of Life Skills Development Laboratory, the students are trained in various fields of personality development and communicational skills. The students are given training in a spell of six semester’s right from the 1st year onwards. The skills required to analyze problems related to aptitude test and logical analysis are important to the students in this course. They are also made to address a group of individuals and interact with them in the form of group discussions. The topics for these group discussions include both technical and non-technical matters.
- a) A pool of professional electives is made available by each department facilitating the students to opt for the courses of their choice. These electives are designed to impart advanced knowledge in a various specializations in any branch of engineering targeting employability, higher education and entrepreneurship. These electives enable the students to obtain proficiency in a particular stream in their branch of engineering / technology in addition to the strong foundation through the core subjects which are mandatory for pursuance.
- b) A further step taken by the university is introduction of project based / skill based electives. The objective of this stride is to impart pre-placement training and proficiency in project handling and skills required in their future career.
- c) On grounds similar to professional electives a baskets of courses with management background are made available for the students to select for courses that are relevant to their discipline thus molding a professional student equipped with managerial capabilities.
- d) In programmes other than engineering, a similar procedure of academic flexibility is affected through extending the facility of choosing subjects from a pool of free / professional electives. In undergraduate / post graduate programmes in basic & applied sciences, the students are offered certain courses with computational backgrounds (Courses from Computer Science discipline).
- The trainings are given in Quantitative, Aptitude, English, Personality Development and HR interviews.
- Career Trainings are offered by internal resource persons as well as outsourced.
- Campus Recruitment Training Programs
- Training and Assessment for skills enhancement
- Training in Technical Courses
These activities have shown fruitful results for students’ career growth.
Career Development Cell carries the twin responsibility of conducting Career Counseling and Training Programmes, and organizing the campus recruitment activities of the School. A representative list of the activities of the office is indicated below:
Career Counseling & Training Programmes:
All students are encouraged to attend the training programs for an enhanced performance in the campus interviews. We hand hold our students through career guidance; through motivational activities and counseling, through knowledge sharing activities and through various capacity building measures. The trainees are closely monitored for improvements and gauged through several VSTs and company Mock tests, until they are ready and have gained eligibility.
Programs like JAVA Certification in association with IBM , Network Certification in association with CISCO, DB2 training Certification in association with IBM and Campus Connect in association with Infosys are some of the achievements of the center.
Career Training Process and Evaluation:
Career Training is considered as a major part of student development. Continuous training assessments from the first year to the final year, pre-placement tests conducted online via tablets and ERP are prototypes of assessments in industries which prepares the learners for corporate life.
University offers various industry certified courses for enrichment. There is also an industry internship component for getting hands on experience/ ( IBM, CCNA, Ashok Leyland,Cafe Coffe Day, Yamaha motors, Tata Motors and Godrej,SAP India Institute of Welding certificate courses).
|Three Mid Sem. placement tests are conducted each semester. All the marks are evaluated into grades.|
|GREEN||60% above||Eligible for Placement|
|YELLOW||51% to 59%||Must work hard to get Placement Ready|
|ORANGE||40% to 50%||Not serious for Placement|
|RED||Less than 40%||Not ready for Placement|
SIX STEPS, THE WAY FORWARD
Training for Capacity building comprehensive is tailored for six Semesters. The training is designed to help and handhold the students to arrive at Green zone. Students have to take 450 contact hours of aptitude training and acquisition of additional 2000 word power and expressions. The Crash Training is customized, and includes 60-120 hours of Company specific practice only for eligible students. Graduate level career training is of one credit audit course each semester. To empower the students with real industry knowledge, students are sent for Company Internship and Projects in final year. Outbound vocational trainings are arranged in the summer vacations.
The knowledge sharing, evaluations and transactions are made in state of the art digitalized language training labs, E-Tabs, through Online testing & quizzing. Information sharing on GK, current affairs to students is continues feedback process in the career training program. Students’ exposure and awareness program to the latest technology are through workshops and seminars, movie screening, debate and various aptitude competitions as a matter of week end diet.