About the Programme
After completion of the program, the students must be able to:
- Recognize the professional needs of the profession and community and carry out professional obligations ethically and in keeping with the objectives of the National Health Policy / National Drug Policy;
- Have mastered most of the competencies pertaining to the speciality that are required to be practiced in the various facets of pharmacy profession;
- Be aware of the contemporary advances and developments in the discipline concerned;
- Have acquired a spirit of scientific inquiry and is oriented to the principles of research methodology; and
- Have acquired the basic skills in teaching of the pharmacy and other health professionals;
- Students will have strong theoretical background along with necessary skills in pharmaceutical sciences and the ability to apply them in research and development.
- Students will be competent in the domain of specialization viz., Quality Assurance, Biological Evaluations, Regulatory Affairs, GMP, Research Methodology and Statistical Evaluation of data as per the requirement of pharmaceutical industry.
- Trained students will have practical efficiency in analytical techniques in drug and formulation development and in clinical research, new drug application and application of quality assurance in all aspects of drug research so that they are able to extend this knowledge to create new products for the benefit of life.
- Students will be prepared to excel in pharmaceutical research and also to succeed in pharmaceutical industry or academics through innovative teaching methodologies that stimulates students to self-learning and further their knowledge.
- Students will be inculcated with professional values, effective research communication skills, prioritizing problems and solutions and an ability to view pharmaceutical issues in broader context.
- The ability to evaluate important aspects of the matter they have studied, weigh the pros and cons of the ideology they adhere to in the field of pharmaceutical sciences.