Biofertilizer Production Unit
Biofertilizer action learning laboratory was established as a pilot project with a focus on the identification, evaluation and mass production of efficient Biofertilizer microorganisms viz: Azotobacter, Rhizobium, Bacillus, Pseudomonas and Azospirillum.
Aims and Objectives
The main aim of the unit is to promote the use of Biofertilizer technology, i.e., the addition of nutrients through the natural process of nitrogen fixation, solubilizing phosphorus, as well as the stimulation of plant growth by synthesising growth-promoting substances.
To ensure that the use of the biofertilizer greatly benefits the farming community, the Biofertilizer action learning laboratory offers extensive training to students and farmers about its use and technology for awareness building, promotion of entrepreneurship and commercialization.
The objectives of the Unit are:
- Identification, evaluation and mass multiplication of the efficient biofertilizer microorganisms from different crop rhizospheres.
- To improve biofertilizer technology to ensure higher quality and improved delivery.
- To promote professional skills, entrepreneurship, knowledge and marketing skills through hands-on experience and working in project mode.
- To build confidence through an end-to-end approach in product development.
- To help acquire enterprise management capabilities including skills for project development and execution, accountancy, and national/international marketing
Products/ Services Available
The Biofertilizer Unit produces exceptionally effective and potent fertilisers such as Azotobacter, Rhizobium, Bacillus, Pseudomonas and Azospirillum. It also imparts continuous extensive training programs to build awareness and capacity on how to use fertiliser and technology for the highest benefit.
The most important benefit accrued from the Unit is the increase in yield for the farmers without the contamination of chemicals. In addition, the Unit trains students for the following, which are tried and tested in the villages adopted in the vicinity of the Campus for action-learning purpose:
- Students, after acquiring knowledge of the biofertilizer production technology, can function as skilled practitioners, consultants and/ or as agri-entrepreneurs.
- Students will be able to assist and guide farmers to use and promote eco-friendly practices with the best yields.
- Students will be able to expedite and amplify the benefits of biofertilizers.
- Students can promote organic farming in their region by advancing and upgrading the technical capacity building of all stakeholders.
- Students will also develop skills in the cultivation, and propagation of quality microbial inoculants.
The future goals of the action-research Unit are:
- To understand and engineer the various concepts and techniques of genetic engineering, plant tissue, alongside their application with its impact on crops.
- To identify various omics approaches, and design and develop experiments to understand and manipulate plant function.
- To analyse information from plant genomics research and recognize its potential application in crop improvement.
- To unlock infinite job opportunities in agri-business, private companies, industries, universities, and research laboratories.
Adherence to SDGs
In accordance with SDGs 9 and 11, The action-research Unit works towards the reduction if not elimination of pollution in the soil by promoting environment-friendly efficient solutions for enhancing the yield for farmers. The lab, aligning to SDG 4, provides quality education and training to its students, enabling them to gain expertise in the field. After completing the program, the trainees are prepared to join the professional sphere and select from a range of roles and professions in this industry, including entrepreneurship. The Unit also hosts workshops for farmers with the goal of educating them about the most effective techniques that contribute to a higher agricultural output without the use of harmful chemicals.
- Aviator Betting Game App
- दुबई सट्टा
- Cricket Online Bet
- Discover The Best Casino Site In India: Pure Win
- Join The Fun And Play At Netbet Online Casino
- Bet Bhai.com
- Sky Exchange 247
- Sky Exchange 247 Login
- Betbhai 9.com
- Cricket Apps
- Arjun Tendulkar Ipl 2023
- Yesterday Match Ipl Score
- Icc Cricket World Cup 2023
- Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium Pitch Report