Dr. Mishra in his endeavor to explore entrepreneurial capability, as a Director of Consulting Firm along with three professors had taken over the management of one Engineering College in 2005. The engineering college (Jagannath Institute for Technology & Management (JITM), Paralakhemundi) located in a remote rural area of the poorest district of Orissa, is All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) approved. At that time, it had seven academic departments and 420 seats, and was faced with reduced intake, poor academic performance and placement problems. Dr. Mishra has taken it as a mission of life and real time personal social responsibility to turn around this college and place it at a national level through qualitative improvement in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Associate Auditor by the Registrar of Certified Auditors, Quality Society of Australasia – an International body for ISO Auditors.
- Life member of Quality Society of Australasia
- Provisional auditor of the International Register of Certified Auditors (IRCA, UK)
- Permanent professional member of Indian Chamber of Commerce and also Member of the Utkal Chamber of Commerce and Industries
- Associate Member at the Institute of Directors, New Delhi
- Chairman, Governing Board of Orissa State Housing Board, Government of Orissa
- Member, Management Committee, Orissa Electricity Regulatory Commission