Firstly I would like to Thank the college authorities for making me believe in myself and building up my courage . And now it gives me gratification for myself as I got an opportunity in TCS to prove myself and get progress in my career and my life as well.
School of Engineering and Technology
School of Engineering and Technology (SoET) is an open platform for diverse voices where teaching runs parallel to the real world and students are groomed to join the global workforce. SoET is distinguished as one of the top-ranked engineering schools in India. The students at SoET benefit through the professional grooming of renowned faculty and industry experts who have had the experience of tackling pressing multidisciplinary engineering problems.
A student-centric pedagogy, project-based approach and design-driven curriculum provides students with an inclination for complex problem solving, design, innovation, and a passion for learning.
The mission of the School of Engineering and Technology through its various programmes is to build individuals who possess technical competence, community centricity and are driven to make transformational change.
All our campuses are an oasis of greenery, environmentally friendly buildings and excellent facilities to ensure it’s a ‘home away from home’.
Campus has multiple sports facilities such as international standard basketball and tennis courts, flood lit multi-purpose playground and cricket practice pitches. Besides our dedicated hostels and mess facilities, campus also has multiple shops/marketplaces that act as excellent locations for the students to meet and socialize with their peers.
Other facilities also include dedicated banking counter, ATM as well as a dispensary (with a doctor and three paramedical staff and an ambulance).
The School has well-equipped library with broad band Wi-Fi connectivity. It provides a sound physical and digital learning environment round the clock. The learning materials are in the Printed, Audio and Visual form. The library is integrated into the University’s Management Information System (MIS). It deploys Open Access system with different work stations.
Being a residential program, the School encourages students and faculty to live on campus. There are dedicated hostels for boys and girls offering multiple configuration/options. About 80% students and 50% faculty and supporting staff stay on campus. There are multiple hostels spread across the campuses to ensure comfortable and safe accommodation that encourages social interactions as well as space to study and relax.
Clubs and Extra Curricular Activities:
Besides extensive sports facilities and events, there are student run Health Club, Yoga Club, Adventure Club, Meditation Club and Karate Club under the guidance of respective faculty in-charges. The students regularly participate in cultural, NSS, NCC and other socially responsible activities.
The programmes under the School of Engineering & Technology are designed to enable students to:
- Gain sufficient knowledge and understanding of the appropriate scientific and mathematical fundamentals necessary to develop their professional skills
- Be proficient in integrating knowledge and applying their understanding in identifying problems and producing powerful solutions
- Have awareness and understanding of different cultures and social conditions
- Attain professional competence, intellectual maturity and personal growth along with a commitment for ethical development of the industry
- Have effective written, oral, and graphic communication skills
- Possibility and ability to secure an industry certification along with the degree
- Best in class facilities such as High-Performance Computing Labs, IoT enabled labs, drones for multiple applications, design labs quipped with Dassault Systems 3DS platform
- On campus industry class production facilities for areas such as transformers, renewable energy, wood engineering, precision engineering and apparel manufacturing
- Opportunities to pursue multi-disciplinary areas such as smart infrastructure, e-mobility, and digital design using digital technologies (AI/ML, IoT, Analytics and AR/VR)
- 100% support for placements through counselling and training on verbal/written communication, logical/analytical reasoning and quantitative aptitude along with personal interview and group discussions
- Opportunity to do industrial internships as well as work in industry class on-campus manufacturing operations
- University owned best in class equipment such as 5 axis CNC machine and 3D printers
- Strong industry linkages with frequent interactions with leading scientists and professionals
Departments in School of Engineering and Technology
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science And Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Mechanical Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Bachelor of Technology in Civil Engineering
- Post Graduate
Dibya Sambit Sahu
The secret is simple ,you really have love what you do and not be afraid to experiment and focus more on strengthening elementary skills which will allow you to adapt to any sector
The Experience at TCS was quite Amazing, the process was challenging. But despite many hurdles, I have successfully cleared all the rounds and ensure my first step into the NMC… At this Special Moment of my life, I would like to thank my Teachers, TPOs, and friends for the support that they did and the belief they have in me.”Thank You, Mam, for your support and all on us.
Jaitej Venkata Sai Rapeti
Every individual aspires to achieve something. As a kid, I hold a plethora of aspirations and ambitions to excel in the discpline of Software Development.With Centurion University, I developed hands-on experience in most of the domains that I would love to work, with an immense support from our faculty. I am overwhelmed that I got plentiful offers from different companies.Proud to be the student of Centurion University.
It’s like an achievement for me to have an offer from such a reputed organization like TCS and for this I would like to thank my department, my faculties and placement cell. I feel blessed that I am guided by Sujit sir and Mrityunjay sir and appreciate all the activities arranged by placement team for improving my skills.
Soumya Suravita Mahapatra
Getting a job in any MNC is a dream for every student, me as well. I am very happy after I got selected for TCS as it is my first step towards my Career, I felt pleasant. The selection process was very stimulating. During the process I learned so many new things. For this remarkable achievement I would like to thank my TPO, Faculties for providing so many tips and tricks which are really beneficial.
Preeti Chhanda Rout
I feel that I am very fortunate to have offers from two esteemed organization Cognizant and TCS. For this I will always be grateful to my faculties,my department and placement cell. From last one year I have always got a push and encouragement from my placement Dept. especially in my weak part i.e aptitude and reasoning part Mrutunjay and Sujit sir have helped me alot to improve my skills. Lastly i would suggest the upcoming batch to take all placement activities Seriously and not miss any class ,GD sessions arranged by placement cell.
It was a very great journey from getting too many rejection to get placed in an MNC with highest package, it’s really an awesome feeling when you finally got placed in a MNC
Placed In : Dassault Systemes
I never thought that I would get a placement from college. I would like to thank to the placement & trining department. They helped me a lot with the positive guidance.
Placed In : Toppr Technology
Rahul Kumar Jha
After getting placed I realized that nervousness is the biggest fear for not to be placed, and also u should have command in at least 1 programming language
Placed In : WIPRO TECHNOLOGIES
My placement experience is very good, and got good training in aptitude, and faculties were helpful during all the times.