About the Programme
|M.Tech. (Power Systems & Control Engineering)-Dept of Electrical Engineering
|Power Engineering deals with the generation, transmission and distribution of electricity as well as the design of a range of related devices. These include transformers, electric generators, electric motors, high voltage engineering and power electronics. In many regions of the world, governments maintain an electrical network called a power grid that connects a variety of generators together with users of their energy. Users purchase electrical energy from the grid, avoiding the costly exercise of having to generate their own
|Control Engineering focuses on the modeling of a diverse range of dynamic systems and the design of controllers that will cause these systems to behave in the desired manner. To implement such controllers electrical engineers may use electrical circuits, digital signal processors, microcontrollers and PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). Control engineering has a wide range of applications from the flight and propulsion systems of commercial airliners to the cruise control present in many modern automobiles. It also plays an important role in industrial automation.
Develop a spirit of inquiry, the art of thinking, problem-solving and the joy of programming while creating an environment of learning for students to grow into next-generation nation builders who are responsible, fair, happy and inspired citizens.
• Enable students to seek fulfilling careers in industry, research, government or as entrepreneurs.
• Enable alumni to be respected in society for their positive energy, responsible attitude, and expertise.
• Empower faculty to have an impact on society for their contributions and achievements.
• Create teaching models and a learning culture which could be emulated by other institutions.
• Be recognized as a collaborative platform for learning.