About the Programme
Master of Business Administration in Agriculture is a postgraduate Agriculture Management course. In MBA (Agriculture) student learns the production and distribution process for foods and fibers, as well as related business principles. MBA in Agribusiness Management providing comprehensive coverage incorporating the foundation, functional and elective courses relevant to management. Master of Business Administration in Agriculture is often referred to as specializing in either agricultural economics or agribusiness. MBA Agribusiness Management course Paralakhemundi is of two years duration and its career orienting in nature.
The MBA in Rural and Urban Development will be jointly offered by Centurion University and the Centre for Outreach and Strategic Alliances (COSA).
Centurion University’s DNA has been “Shaping lives and empowering communities” and has focused on ‘hands-on’, ‘experience based’, ‘practice oriented’ learning that makes a difference through appropriate and relevant innovation and action research. While promoting Nano, Mini and Micro Enterprises, the University works toward learning experiences that are ‘quantifiable’, ‘sustainable’, ‘scalable’ and ‘replicable’.
Centurion University is redefining the learning platform through:
- Skill integrated, domain linked, teaching and learning
- Industry and community partnership
- Creating and co-creating enterprises
- An eco-system approach which includes community, enterprise, industry and educational institutes
The University has five campuses and a number of social entrepreneurial outreach wings that, along with collaborating institutions and networks, creates its ecosystem.
Centre for Outreach and Strategic Alliances (COSA) is an autonomous social science research organisation. With multi-disciplinary research as its core activity, COSA formulates ideas, undertakes empirical studies, creates and disseminates knowledge through training and publication in vernacular and English languages. COSA focuses on strengthening the Institute's research capabilities; proactively promote basic research and conduct impact assessment studies. COSA works with various development organizations and Governments to identify areas/ issues for focused research. COSA provides a platform for students to conduct their field work and internship, thus helping the university to implement the experiential learning. A social incubation centre is being established by COSA for social start-ups, which are supported by agencies like SIDBI, Yunus Foundation etc for providing mentoring to start a Social enterprise which creates substantial social impact. The social policy wing at COSA works for identifying gaps in government policies and works with various stakeholders for social policy change. COSA will also be working with various corporates in designing and implementing corporate social responsibility projects.
Objectives of the CUTM COSA MBA Rural and Urban Development Programme:
The participants completing the MBA in Rural and Urban Development Programme: from CUTM COSA will be empowered with multiple set of knowledge and skills which will help them in developing and implementing the rural & urban development projects. The programme intends to provide them with the necessary social and development management perspective with core emphasis on ethics, values, and the rights of the most vulnerable. The major objective of the programme is:
To create a cadre of competent and sensitive development management experts and planners who can contribute and provide alternatives to the existing set of knowledge and practices in the management of rural & urban development initiatives for social transformation.
In order to contribute to the above Goal, the Programme aims at,
- Inculcating the knowledge and sensitizing students about- the structure, systems and growing complexities of rural and urban societies; factors influencing rural realities; interface between various sectors and interaction between the state, market and society in the production of resources leading to development,
- Creating a blend of cutting-edge knowledge among the participants, about modern management sciences and skills, critical thinking and practices needed for rational, equitable and effective planning for utilization and management of human and other valuable scarce resources, from micro (grassroots) to macro levels,
- Teaching and training students in application of rational, appropriate knowledge and technology; Building their capability to critically analyze, plan in an integrated and holistic manner with a human development perspective.